Desmond College embarked on the One Good School Initiative in 2021. We are currently in Year 2 of the initiative. A team has been created and represents the whole school community. It coordinates the rollout of the One Good School. The project aims to ensure that mental health and wellbeing is promoted and supported in the school in a sustainable way.
The One Good School Team
The Jigsaw One Good School project involves all staff, pupils and parents in Desmond College. Pupils were all invited to participate in an online course. Staff, likewise completed an online course. Our student mentors have participated in training and will completed a workshop with all pupils in 2023. To date courses completed
- Mental Health and Well-being – A One Good School Approach.
- Manage Exam Stress Webinar
- Let’s Talk – Sure Why Not – Online course for Young people
- Peer Education Programme
- Eating Difficulties and Body Image Concerns
- Supporting Young People Struggling with Gender Identity
- Supporting School Transitions
- Young People, Friendships & Relationships and Mental Health.